Friday, March 30, 2007

PBwiki for Educators

I've been a fan of PBwiki since I first found them in 2005. They live up to their promise that creating a PBwiki is as easy as making a peanut butter sandwich.

It has all the features I need in a wiki - GUI editor, optional password protection, several templates make it easy to create pages for different purposes, the ability to upload files and did I mention that it is FREE! Of course, if you want more features or more than 10MB for your files, you can get those for a fee. I also love the fact that you get a nice URL i.e. "YOURNAME.pbwiki.com".

PBwiki is specifically targeting and developing tools for educators - http://educators.pbwiki.com/. Check out their Educator Videos and see how other educators are using wikis and what they like about them.

Update: Check out my.pbwiki.com. Now you can create an account that allows easy access to all of your PBwikis.

(Full disclosure: I have no involvement or ties with PBwiki other than being a passionate user)

No comments: